Chicken dishes aren’t a frequent occurrence around here. In my mind, chicken is kind of boring and when thinking of what to make for dinner, it’s never my go-to protein. But sometimes… sometimes… (like when it’s not overcooked into a dry, crispy, pulp) chicken can be a shining star!
Dijon & Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken in an Oven-Ready Skillet
The chicken breast here is quick, juicy and delicious!
Dijon and Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken
Dijon & Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken
Makes 4 breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 chicken breasts
4 tablespoons dijon mustard, divided
4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In an oven-ready skillet, on medium high, heat olive oil.
2. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breast.
3. Place chicken breast into hot skillet. Let cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip over and let cook for another 4-5 minutes.
4. Flip so that the “smooth” side of the breast is up. Smother 1 tablespoon of dijon onto each chicken breast. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of brown sugar onto each breast and gently pat it down.
5. Place skillet into the oven, about 7-10 minutes until cooked through (an internal thermometer should read 165 degrees).
6. Be careful not to over-bake the chicken, otherwise it will be dry and rubbery…
Eat, Drink & Be Yummy!