Here are 10 more lunch ideas! Are you keeping track? These are 131-140 photos/ideas of my entire list of makemealsmama school lunch photos and ideas.
Packing lunch (almost) every day for three school aged kids is an adventure! I photograph the lunches and share them with my ah-mazing Facebook food group and I’m now sharing last years school lunches with my blogger friends. During the 2013-2014 school year, the kids were in 5th grade, 3rd grade and Pre-K. It was the only year where I had three kids attending the same school. What a treat for drop-offs and pick-ups!
Sometimes we gave them leftovers, sometimes sandwiches, sometimes random foods thrown together, sometimes thoughtfully put together… always with an effort to keep them fun, yet healthful. Hope that these lunches give you ideas for your own kids lunches.
**How to keep food in thermoses hot: Pour boiling water into an empty thermos and cover. While you are preparing the lunch, this will “pre-heat” the thermos. When you’re read to fill the thermos, spill out the boiling water and fill it with the lunch.**
1. Panini thins with ham, mayo & mesculin greens. Strawberries & English cucumber “chips”
2. Soft multigrain with hummus, bologna and romaine. Sugar snap peas, cheese stick, yogurt and bosc pear
3. Fussili with basil pesto (pesto purchased from fairway), watermelon, some crunchy salty snack mix thing and a fruit leather
4. Raisin bagel with goat cheese, sugar snap peas and yogurt
5. Pita with hummus and cucumber slices, grape tomatoes, cheez-it’s & a leftover pink peep
6. BLT on white whole wheat bread. Cucumber spears, gum balls to share with friends and popcorn – camera shy
7. Trader Joe’s clam chowder, goldfish, carrots and dates (LO got a cream cheese and fig jam sandwich for a bag lunch school trip)
8. Honey roasted turkey, cucumber slices and mayo on sandwich thins. Muscat grapes and sugar snap peas
9. Peanut Butter and Jelly on white whole wheat, applesauce pack & edamame
10. Challah roll with cream cheese, salami and thinly sliced tomatoes. English peas with garlic salt, cherries & yogurt
Kids should also Eat, Drink & Be Yummy!