Here are 10 more lunch ideas! If you’re keeping count… these are 111-120 of my entire list of makemealsmama school lunch photos and ideas.
Packing lunch (almost) every day for three school aged kids is an adventure! I photograph the lunches and share them with my ah-mazing Facebook food group and I’m now sharing last years school lunches with my blogger friends. During the 2013-2014 school year, the kids were in 5th grade, 3rd grade and Pre-K. It was the only year where I had three kids attending the same school. What a treat for drop-offs and pick-ups!
Sometimes we gave them leftovers, sometimes sandwiches, sometimes random foods thrown together, sometimes thoughtfully put together… always with an effort to keep them fun, yet healthful. Hope that these lunches give you ideas for your own kids lunches.
**How to keep food in thermoses hot: Pour boiling water into an empty thermos and cover. While you are preparing the lunch, this will “pre-heat” the thermos. When you’re read to fill the thermos, spill out the boiling water and fill it with the lunch.**
1. Minestrone, cucumber, gala apple & KIND bar.
2. Rolled up wraps with Trader Joe’s chocolate cookie swirl cream stuff and baby bananas. Cauliflower salad (truffle oil, s&p). Seaweed snacks and kiwi.
3. Popcorn rice cake with goat cheese (pastrami on the side for the olders). Sugar snap peas, pear, babybel cheese and lemon yogurt.
4. Valentine’s Day School lunch: leftover kasha varnishke, grape tomatoes and papaya with blood oranges. (Assuming they’re going to eat a ton of candy goodness for Valentine’s Day)
5. Tortellini with olive oil and Parmesan, anjou pear, carrot spears and conversation hearts.
6. Hotdogs, tomatoes and cucumbers, mini rice cakes, banana and homemade biscotti
7. Leftover tomato corn gouda soup, apple/pear and seaweed snack.
8. Salami, cream cheese and tomato whole wheat rollup. Tomatoes, grapes and sirok.
9. Canadian bacon on Trader Joe’s Canadian white with mayo & lettuce. Sugar snap peas, cornichons and sugar cookie favor from baby shower.
10. Everything bagel thins with turkey & cheese. Cucumber spears, plum and corn chips.
Kids should also Eat, Drink & Be Yummy!