Round three of school and daycare lunches!! These are photos of lunches that we made during the 2012-2013 school year for our three kids. They were in 4th grade, 2nd grade and daycare. Sometimes leftovers, sometimes sandwiches, sometimes thrown together, sometimes thoughtfully put together… always with an effort to keep them healthful.
Check here for more school lunch photos and ideas.
1. First day of school lunch. Romaine with cucumbers, tomatoes, egg whites, shredded mozzarella, chick peas and cubed grilled chicken. Dressing of choice. Yogurt covered raisins on the side.
2. Tomato soup, grilled cheese & cucumbers
3. Whole wheat with turkey and pesto with grapes/kiwi and rice crackers
4. Multigrain (crusts removed) with honey roasted turkey and and herbed goat cheese, edamame, kiwi and gogurt.
5. Quickie lunch: Multigrain with turkey and hummus, grapes and carrots (shredded and baby)
6. Multigrain bread with thinly sliced grilled chicken breast, salad greens and mayo. Blueberries and grape tomatoes.
7. Vegetable soup with “mandel” croutons, rice cake crackers and other crackers.
8. PB&J on Rice Crackers with apple sauce and corn
9. Roll ups with salami and cream cheese with Kefir and string cheese.
10. Antipasto Salad (Romaine, pea shoots, tomatoes, red peppers, cucumbers, shredded carrots and salami.