You never know how things are going to turn out when culinary cultures collide. These are spectacular! Check out this mix of Russian and Mexican ingredients!
Warm Radish & Corn Salad
Makes 8 side salads
1 large bunch of radish
4 or 5 ears of corn, cooked (or 1 bag of frozen corn, thawed)
4 large scallions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons crema mexicana (or sour cream or creme fraiche)
pinch cayenne pepper
pinch smoked paprika
kosher salt, to taste
Optional: juice from 1/2 lime
1. Thinly slice radish (I made quick work of it with the food processor).
2. Remover kernels from cooked corn cob. Warm up.
3. Combine the thinly sliced radish, warm corn, scallions, creme mexicana, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika. Optional: add a bit of freshly squeezed lime juice.
4. Add kosher salt, to taste.
5. Serve immediately: warm or at room temperature. As the salad stands, the sliced radish will release a lot of water.
Eat, Drink & Be Yummy!