Simple blog post. So simple that it can be boiled down to bullet points identifying why this is a perfect dessert:
✓No Baking Required
✓Multiple food groups represented: Dairy, Meat, Legumes, Fruit
✓No Exact Proportions Necessary
✓Salty & Sweet
✓Great for Large Crowds/Dinner Parties
|I’m not a religious person, but I imagine that this is what heaven tastes like
|Chopped peanuts, bacon, apricots and chocolate ready to be combined
|Chocolate Bark with Bacon, Apricots and Peanuts
Chocolate Bark with Bacon, Apricots and Peanuts
10 slices of thick sliced bacon
1 bar (18 ounces) TJ’s Pound Plus Dark Chocolate
3/4 cup dried apricots, measured after they’ve been finely diced.
1 cup salted and roasted peanuts
1. Bake 10 pieces of bacon in oven at 450 degree oven for about 15 minutes, until crisp.
2. Remove bacon onto paper towel lined plate and let cool. (Reserve bacon fat for future use like popcorn popping)
3. Melt chocolate in double boiler. OR in a Pyrex bowl in the microwave in 30 second incriments, stirring in between each 30 seconds until smooth.
4. Crumble all of the bacon.
5. Once the chocolate has cooled a bit, stir in half of the bacon, half of the apricots and half of the peanuts. Stir to combine.
6. Spread chocolate mixture on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or foil.
7. Sprinkle the top of the chocolate with remainder of bacon, apricots and peanuts. Gently press to make sure each piece adheres to the chocolate.
8. Chill for at least an hour.
9. Break apart & enjoy!
Eat, Drink & Be Yummy!