As much as I love food, I love good food prepared simply even more. When you get great quality base ingredients, I find that there isn’t a need to over complicate the preparation. The other problem with complicated preparations is that they’re usually time consuming. With three kids singing the “when is dinner gonna be ready???” song, time is usually at a minimum in my kitchen.
Orange Glazed Salmon
2 pounds salmon fillet
1 cup orange juice (about 2 squeezed oranges)
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon grated ginger
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Thinly Sliced Tangerines (optional)
Orange Zest (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Place orange juice in a small saucepan over medium heat.
3. Cook and stir 10 to 15 minutes, until reduced by about 1/2 and thickened. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
4. Stir balsamic vinegar and ginger into reduced orange juice.
5. Line a medium baking dish with parchment paper.
6. Place salmon on paper, skin side down. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Cover with 1/2 the orange juice mixture.
8. Optional: Place sliced tangerines on top of salmon.
If you like LESS sauce (as pictured):
9. Bake salmon in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
If you like MORE sauce:
9. Bake salmon in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
9b. Remove from oven and cover with 1/2 of the remaining marinade.
9c. Continue baking for another 10 minutes.
9d. Once salmon has been plated, add remaining marinade to each piece.
10. Sprinkle with orange zest and parsley. (Optional)
11. Prepare yourself for comments like “Ooooh, fancy dinner!” (Guaranteed!!!)
Eat, Drink and Be Yummy!